Monday, January 23 – Thursday, January 26
Dozens of Independent High Country restaurants will create special Small Plate Menus, priced from $3 to $8, featuring their cuisine and Chef’s talent. Crawl from restaurant to restaurant, from
- Scan QR Codes with mobile devices instead of gathering punches on the Passport to enter the prize drawing! It’s fast, easy, and accurate. Register the first time you scan a code during the event or before the event at ChekTrek.com (http://chektrek.com).
- If ANYONE in a group purchases a plate, EVERYONE in the group gets to scan the QR code for validation.
- Servers present Crawlers with a QR Code to scan for validation when paying at each restaurant. Free QR Code applications are available for download. We recommend “QR Code Reader” by Scan, Inc.
- Crawlers may share a phone or other mobile device. If Crawlers do not have access to a mobile device, they may ask for a “Takeaway Card” at each restaurant after a purchase. The unique code on each card may be entered later on a computer.
- Crawlers are automatically entered into prize drawings each time they scan a QR Code or enter a Code manually based on the number of restaurants they visit. More restaurants – more/bigger/better prizes. Prizes will be listed on the Crawl website. Winners will be contacted by email.
- Participating restaurants are located in Boone, Blowing
and Valle Crucis. Rock
- Include a restaurant outside of downtown Boone or Blowing Rock to double your prize winning chances! Qualifying restaurants will be indicated on the Passport.
- Groups and sharing are okay, so you don’t get too full before trying all your favorite restaurants AND the ones you’ve always wanted to try.
This is a rain-or-shine event. Small plates taste just as great no matter what the weather. Come hungry!
For more information, contact John Pepper.
Register for CheckTrek
Register now for ChekTrek, the exclusive Crawl App. Scan unique QR codes at each participating restaurant for an entry into the prize drawing at the end of the crawl. Each check-in earns an entry!
#HCPlateCrawl or #DineIndie
Show the crawl community your food photography with the official crawl hashtags
If there’s a wait at a restaurant, crawl another nearby spot, and then go back!
If crawling in a very large group, please try not to occupy seats for a long time, especially if only one or two plates are being ordered.
Don't Forget To Tip
Tip your servers: they’re working harder for smaller check
Of course plastic is welcome, but cash is faster!
Reservations Not Recommended
Reservations are not suggested unless required by the restaurant or traveling in a large party!